Returning data from a LS lookup screen in the desktop client RRS feed

• Question

• I have implemented a order screen and must let the user select a shipping address for this order BEFORE saving the order.
    For this I have put up a button called 'select shipping address' this button invokes the shippingAddress screen using Application.ShowSearchShippingAdressByCustomerId(this.OrderProperty.Customer.Id);
    Now I want to return the ShippingAddress.Id for the shipping address selected by the user in the shipping address screen.
    Is there a easy way to do this in Lightswitch or worst case some kind of session variable which I can set in the shipping address screen which can be read later in the order screen?

This is for the generated desktop client and in VS 2015. There is no relationship between Order and ShippingAddress (ShippingAddress is related to customer, 1 customer = many shipping addresses)

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Zodiac,

From your description above, it seems that you want to pass parameters between screens. For this question, I want to show some scenarios to you, it involves the following:

1. Setup the modal picker on our new order screen to use a screen query instead of the automatic query.
    2. Creating an event on our application object that we raise whenever a new customer is added.
    3. Handling the event in our new order screen and refreshing the list of customers.

hope it helps.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Angie Xu Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:21 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:27 AM