How to copy metro style app project as another app project?

Question

• Hi there.

I developed a metro style app, and I want to develop another app from this metro style app I developed.

However, just copying metro style app, it is recognized as the same metro style app. 

Could you please tell me how to copy metro style app project as another app project?

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:26 AM

Answers

• I'd create a new project and then copy the relevant source files in.

You could also copy the project directly and then rename it in its Package.appxmanifest.

--Rob

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:33 AM
    Owner
  • If you copy an existing project that you have already registered on the machine (Deployed, e.g. during F5) you will need to change the manifest so that it is not considered to be the same application.  If you open the package.appxmanifest file in your project and change the name field in the Identity node to a new value, that should work. 

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:40 AM

All replies

• I'd create a new project and then copy the relevant source files in.

You could also copy the project directly and then rename it in its Package.appxmanifest.

--Rob

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:33 AM
    Owner
  • If you copy an existing project that you have already registered on the machine (Deployed, e.g. during F5) you will need to change the manifest so that it is not considered to be the same application.  If you open the package.appxmanifest file in your project and change the name field in the Identity node to a new value, that should work. 

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:40 AM
  • Hi Rob and Gearard, 

Thank you for advice. I can copy project and use it as another app project.

THank you!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:41 AM