none
Why MonthView control is not native for Office 2013? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Ezequiel Nunes,

First, based on my check it on some machines, the MonthView control is in the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus-en-us, 32bit, but not in the Office professional plus 2013 64bit, I tried register the control to the windows with office 2013 64 bit, but the control doesn’t display in the control list even though I succeed register it. (Tried with the file in SysWOW64, and System32)

Is your office 2013 a 64 bit application? If so, I suggest that you could build a VSTO add-in to use windows from control (e.g. DataTimePicker) to achieve that.

On the other hand, there is an article that you may make a test to check whether it works fine for you.

# How to use MonthView control (mscomct2.ocx) without fear

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/How-to-use-MonthView-5e8b32be

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Would you explain what you want to do, how MonthView work, waht your clients do with it?
    Or insert an image of MonthView you want.
    Regards.
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:19 AM
  • Hi Ezequiel Nunes,

First, based on my check it on some machines, the MonthView control is in the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus-en-us, 32bit, but not in the Office professional plus 2013 64bit, I tried register the control to the windows with office 2013 64 bit, but the control doesn’t display in the control list even though I succeed register it. (Tried with the file in SysWOW64, and System32)

Is your office 2013 a 64 bit application? If so, I suggest that you could build a VSTO add-in to use windows from control (e.g. DataTimePicker) to achieve that.

On the other hand, there is an article that you may make a test to check whether it works fine for you.

# How to use MonthView control (mscomct2.ocx) without fear

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/How-to-use-MonthView-5e8b32be

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:24 AM