Azman sql server mirroring issue RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to add Failover_Partner to the connection string.

I need to test Azman with the mirroring. I think azman have some caching.

So the test I did was.

1. Start my app and initial Azman with my connection string. Success. Then close my app.

2. Do manual failover MyDB ,

3. Restart my app that initialize Azman with the same connection string, authentication error. 

Below is my connection string:

·         mssql://Driver={SQL Server};server=server1;Failover_Partner=server2;/MyDB/MyAzStore

·         mssql://Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0};Server= server1;Failover_Partner= server2;Database=MyDB;Trusted_Connection=yes;/MyDB/MyAzStore

·         mssql://ODBC;Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0};DSN=AZStore;Uid=aUser;Pwd=aPassword;/MyDB/MyAzStore

The ODBC DSN above have failover configured in DSN.

I've verified through a standalone test console application that driver used in above support mirroring perfectly.

I've also tested with Network=dbmssocn and it does not make much difference.

Looks to me Azman did something special?

You can contact me to get more information at Don.ji@Dynamicops.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is 'Azman' you are referring to? I get different results via bing or google.

Basically, if you connect to a database that is mirrored with ADO.NET or the SQL Native Client, your application can take advange of the driver's ability to automatically redirect connections when a database mirroring failover occurs. Also, if you specified Failover Partner in the connection string, the connection will be redirected to the failover partner if the pricipal is down in initial connection.

For instance, you can use the following connection string using SQL Native Cleint:

"Data Source = ServerA; Failover Partner = ServerB; Initial Catalog = AdventureWorks2008R2; Integrated Security = True;"

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.
    Best Regards,
    Chunsong Feng

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Alex Feng (SQL) Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:45 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is 'Azman' you are referring to? I get different results via bing or google.

Basically, if you connect to a database that is mirrored with ADO.NET or the SQL Native Client, your application can take advange of the driver's ability to automatically redirect connections when a database mirroring failover occurs. Also, if you specified Failover Partner in the connection string, the connection will be redirected to the failover partner if the pricipal is down in initial connection.

For instance, you can use the following connection string using SQL Native Cleint:

"Data Source = ServerA; Failover Partner = ServerB; Initial Catalog = AdventureWorks2008R2; Integrated Security = True;"

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.
    Best Regards,
    Chunsong Feng

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Alex Feng (SQL) Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:45 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:36 AM
  • Sorry , but what is Azman you are reffering to?
    Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:00 PM