Zoom factor RRS feed

• Question

• This is to my opinion not right.  if I zoom 100%, I should see my image taking all the designer but in fact, the image is bigger and the 100% zoom is zomming much closer then expected.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 10:49 AM

All replies

• If you use Control + 1 (View>Actual Size), you should see 100% in Scale value in the lower left corner of the screen.  Are you seeing that?

I don't understand your comment, 'I should see my image taking all the designer'.  What is the size of your image?  Are you working with Designer maximized?  What is the size of your screen?  Several factors can affect the results.

Regards,

~Fred
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:20 PM
  • If the image appears bigger than the design space when zoomed at 100%, then in actual size, it is. Use Ctr + 0 to zoom to a scale that fits all the elements on your page inside the design space.

-wolf

An Expression Design amateur.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:38 PM
  • if I hit CTRL-0 it isn't zoomed 100% or at least if 100% it to see the image at 66% well I'm very lost.
    And if I hit CTRL-1 then it zooms at 100% and then the image goes way outside what I should see as if I would have zoomed IN the image you see what I mean ?

I need to have the image with the actual size AND take all the possible SPACE and being able to SEE my image entirely the biggest possible

There's something missing here or there's something not known to us.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:00 AM
  • http://pages.videotron.com/gear/100.jpg

This is 100%,  a non sence to me

Then

http://pages.videotron.com/gear/fitscreen.jpg

This is Fit To Screen which is also a non sence

How to make the image taking all the artboard by keeping the ratio ?
    If you zoom at aprox 76.6 it makes what sould be called zoom 100%.

As you can see in the ruler, my image is 1920 X 1200
    Why are we unable to have the image at this dimension using all the artboard and not going outside regardless of what you'Re trying ?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:07 AM
  • Again, what is the size of your screen?  It seems that your monitor size is the same as or smaller than the image (1920 X 1200) you are trying to display at 100%; allowing for the menu and palettes in Design, displaying the 1920 x 1200 image at 100% will always appear 'zoomed'

That is why you are," unable to have the image at this dimension using all the artboard and not going outside."

~Fred
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:50 PM
  • if I hit CTRL-0 it isn't zoomed 100% or at least if 100% it to see the image at 66% well I'm very lost.
    And if I hit CTRL-1 then it zooms at 100% and then the image goes way outside what I should see as if I would have zoomed IN the image you see what I mean ?

I need to have the image with the actual size AND take all the possible SPACE and being able to SEE my image entirely the biggest possible

There's something missing here or there's something not known to us.

CTRL 0 is the "fit to screen" function, which zooms to a view in which your image is fit inside the design space, which is why it zoomed to 66%.

CTRL 1 is the "100%" function, which sets the zoom to 100%. This means that the image will be displayed in actual size -- so if the image is larger than the design space when zoomed to 100%, that means that the image is bigger than your design space in actual size.

>>> "I need to have the image with the actual size AND take all the possible SPACE and being able to SEE my image entirely the biggest possible"

To make your image fit inside the design space in actual size, zoom to 100% (CTRL 1) and click and drag to resize it to a desired size.

-wolf

An Expression Design amateur.
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:38 PM
  • Zooming to 100% means that a picture 1920 pixels wide will be displayed 1920 pixels wide. At 75% will be displayed 1440px wide, at 50% will be 960px wide, and so on. So given the right panes are taking some 250-300 pixels, and vertically there are the title bar and menus, you will need a monitor around 2200 pixels to see a 1920px image entirely at 100%.

• Proposed as answer by Fred C_ Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:41 PM
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:54 PM