none
ms word macros inside a text box RRS feed

• Question

• I have about twenty Word macros -- some short (eg. to invert two words or to toggle them from singular to plural and vice-versa) but others quite lengthy (say, two hundred lines of code), for example using bookmarks to find entries in a glossary . Altogether, these macros are used as a translation application.

There is currently no "user interface". The macros operate by means of shortcuts and on screen I just have two Word documents -- one for my 'translation in progress' and another for said glossary.

Now, after using this "system" for mor than ten years myself, I would wish to migrate it to a proper VB Application with an user friendly interface other people might use.

Finally, this is my question: Is it possible -- and, of course, how? -- to work inside a TexBox (say, one sentence at a time) as if I were in Word -- with all shortcuts enabled.

The workflow would be: 1- Get next sentence to translate from a Word document.  2- When translated is completed, the sentence would replace the original in the same Word document.

Thanks any BIG nudge in the right direction.

• Moved by Aspen VJ Monday, January 24, 2011 7:25 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:49 AM

All replies