none
BSP for Samsung S3C2416 ARM9 RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to WINCE; I recently purchase a HMI loaded with wince.net 5. Currently there is no internet explorer, etc. I would like to expand the OS image but I need the BSP.

Where can I download the BSP for S3C2416 ARM9, not sure if this is available?

Ideally I would like to install wince 6. I have VS2005 installed but I cannot see platform builder 5/ 6 on it to create/ modify the OS image.

Thanks in advance. 

Monday, August 29, 2016 11:27 AM

Answers

• As IoTGirl noted, you need the *board* support package, not just a random package for the processor. There are numerous circuits on the device you purchased that are not covered by a generic S3C2416 "BSP". The real answer here is that there's nothing you can do to expand the OS for this specific device without the very friendly cooperation of the device vendor which is not forthcoming 99% of the time. You also need Platform Builder, which you'll need to buy from a suitable Microsoft distributor (or download from MSDN subscriber resources, if you have a complete MSDN subscription).

If you just want to use the device like a PC and browse the Web as a hobbyist project, I think you're out of luck. If you have a different desire, maybe you can tell us about what your goal is and we can recommend a method of reaching it with the device you have.

Paul T.

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi HMoller,

You should approach the Board seller or the OEM of the board you are targeting.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl 

Monday, August 29, 2016 3:46 PM
  • As IoTGirl noted, you need the *board* support package, not just a random package for the processor. There are numerous circuits on the device you purchased that are not covered by a generic S3C2416 "BSP". The real answer here is that there's nothing you can do to expand the OS for this specific device without the very friendly cooperation of the device vendor which is not forthcoming 99% of the time. You also need Platform Builder, which you'll need to buy from a suitable Microsoft distributor (or download from MSDN subscriber resources, if you have a complete MSDN subscription).

If you just want to use the device like a PC and browse the Web as a hobbyist project, I think you're out of luck. If you have a different desire, maybe you can tell us about what your goal is and we can recommend a method of reaching it with the device you have.

Paul T.

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:21 PM