none
Why maximum number of parallel project builds not supported with VB.Net Project?

Question

• Why parallel compilation is not supported with VB.Net Projet?

We are developping large solution in VB.Net and I'm looking for a way to improve the work my developpers.

We are Using Visual Studio 2012.

According to this link, the option maximum number of parallel project builds is just for C++ and C# projets.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cyhcc7zc(v=vs.110).aspx

With our solution and VB.NET projects, visual studio compilation goes with one process.

I have tested with a solution and c# project and compilation goes with all core available on my Workstation.

It's too late for us to consider a conversion to c#.

Regards

Marco

Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:01 PM

Answers

• Try VS2015 with the new compilers.  You should be able to download the Community Edition and compile your existing project as a test.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Friday, March 25, 2016 1:56 AM

All replies

• Try VS2015 with the new compilers.  You should be able to download the Community Edition and compile your existing project as a test.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Friday, March 25, 2016 1:56 AM
  • Seems to work! Thanks!
    Does Microsoft plan to fix that in older versions like VS2012?

Thursday, March 31, 2016 12:58 PM
  • Seems to work! Thanks!
    Does Microsoft plan to fix that in older versions like VS2012?

Not to my knowledge.  The older versions are "complete".  You'll need the new versions to use the new compilers.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:09 PM
  • Thanks for your help!
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 6:02 PM