Can no longer connect to VM using DNS name that was assigned RRS feed

• Question

• Last week, I built four (4) new VM's. A domain controller, 2 file servers and a web server. I was able to access all 4 vm's using the public dns name before and after creating the domain name and adding domain users. This was all working fine on Friday when I left the office.

Today, I cannot login to the Domain Controller I built….I can’t connect via RDP. The web portal says the machine is running, but when I try to connect, I just get a timeout. Also, the Virtual Network Adapter changed on one of the other VM's I created. It is adapter 3 now, where it was adapter 2 before. And the DNS settings for the domain controller are missing. Also, of the VM’s I can get into, none can see each other or the DC. Anybody have any ideas what may have happened, and how to login to the DC? 

All VM’s are in the East Coast datacenter.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi cbourque,

Did you try restarting the DC to see if the issue is resolved? If restart did not resolve the issue, We will need to investigate this issue further and would like to work directly with you.  Can you please email IaaSForum@microsoft.com to begin working with our support team?  In your email please include a link to this forum thread, subscription id, deployment id.

Thanks,

Hari

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:37 PM
  • Hi cbourque,

It sounds like you may have configured some static settings on the network adapter. It is normal for the network adapter to change from time to time. This is part of the reason static settings are not supported.

Can you confirm what changes were made to the network adapter?

As Narahari suggests, try restarting the DC and please include the title of this thread in the subject of your email if you end up emailing iaasforum.

-Steve

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:16 PM