none
[WP8.1][C#] One application for wp8.1 and win10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Is there a way to create one application on c# which will work on wp8.1 and win10 on mobile phones with these systems?
    Now when i create uwp for win10 i see default requirement as win10+ and i am not sure that i should create win8.1 app when uwp is released.

p.s. Supporting wp8.1 is the must because almost all users of our current app using this.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:08 AM

Answers

• Hello!

Is there a way to create one application on c# which will work on wp8.1 and win10 on mobile phones with these systems?
    Now when i create uwp for win10 i see default requirement as win10+ and i am not sure that i should create win8.1 app when uwp is released.

p.s. Supporting wp8.1 is the must because almost all users of our current app using this.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Windows have backward capability what this mean apps with old widows targets can run on newer version. But old version doesn't support new API this is normal. If you want that your app run both on WP8.1,WM10 and you write just one app and as you mentioned your users are WP8.1 the you should create WP8.1 app. 

Make the community better together

• Marked as answer by Nazandr Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:33 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hello!

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Windows have backward capability what this mean apps with old widows targets can run on newer version. But old version doesn't support new API this is normal. If you want that your app run both on WP8.1,WM10 and you write just one app and as you mentioned your users are WP8.1 the you should create WP8.1 app. 

Make the community better together

• Marked as answer by Nazandr Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:33 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:45 PM
  • Thank you for quick and appropriate answer!
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:34 PM