Diagnostic Hub Tools cannot run RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to remotely attach to a process to try and trap a system critical bug.

I have the remote debugging monitor for VS2015 running on the clients machine. I can see the process I want to attach to, and when I do the debugger starts. The Diagnostic Tools wont start properly with this error:

Diagnostic Hub Tools cannot run because a required update to Windows is not installed. To resolve this issue, install the required update from 'http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2882822'.

I downloaded the update for my machine and for the remote machine (both Windows 7), but when I try to run it apparently the update has already been installed.

What is going on? I'm going a bit spare about this as its stopping me from sorting out a major bug.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

Did you get any other message in your event viewer?

Not very sure that which kind of app you really debug, but one issue is that whether you could debug a local app in your two windows 7 machines, if you couldn't debug it locally, I think it would has this issue in your remote debugging.

For example, I just debug a WinForm app locally in my windows 7 machine, I could get the Diagnostic tool.

Maybe you could debug a simple winform app, check it again in your two machines locally.

If it has the same issue locally, please run your windows update and install the VS2015 update 1, check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:22 AM