none
Matlab Bridge RRS feed

• Question

• Hy!

I tried to compile the KinectBridgeWithMATLABBasics-D2D example.

I have some Linker problems: 

MatlabHelper.obj : error LNK2019:  "_engClose" in ... ""public: void __thiscall MatlabHelper::ShutDownEngine(void)" (?ShutDownEngine@MatlabHelper@@QAEXXZ)".
    1>MatlabHelper.obj : error LNK2019: ... "_engSetVisible" in ... ""public: long __thiscall MatlabHelper::InitMatlabEngine(bool)" (?InitMatlabEngine@MatlabHelper@@QAEJ_N@Z)". ... ... and some more ... ...

Has someone tried to build the example?

BTW: Is it possible to connect the Fusion Example with Matlab. That would be nice :-)

Thanks

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:22 PM

All replies

• Have you followed the configuration instructions in the documentation included with the sample? It appears that the linker is not finding the correct versions of the MATLAB libraries (libmx.lib, libmat.lib, and libeng.lib).

John | Kinect for Windows development team

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:46 AM
  • Thank you for reply.

Yes I followed the instructions. First I had the problem, that Visual Studio was not able to find (libmx.lib, libmat.lib and libeng.lib). So I had to set the correct paths in the linker input settings. After I made that, the error appeared.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:39 AM
  • I think some libs are missing. Which libs are responsible for:

_engClose
    _engSetVisible
    _engOpen                                                                                                                                    

_mxIsEmpty

and some more ??

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Those functions should be implemented by the three libs mentioned earlier (libmx.lib, libmat.lib and libeng.lib). Are you certain that you're pointing the linker at the correct versions of those libs? For example, if you're building the sample for 64-bit, are you certain you're not linking with the 32-bit libs (or vice versa)?

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:56 PM
  • Also, which version of MATLAB do you have installed? The sample has been tested with version R2012b. We have not yet had a chance to test with R2013a.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:09 PM