none
Windows Phone SDK 7.1 in VS2015 Express.

Question

• Hi

I'm having trouble installing the Windows Phone 7.1 SDk for my 2015 VS Express on Windows 7. I want to use it in conjunction with XNA. Or use XNA for desktop and X-Box actually.

It says,"" But these do not seem to be present on my machine. Also coresponding files from the beta stage of the 7.1 SDK seem to be different.

Sunday, March 26, 2017 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Skupje,

Thank you for your update.

As far as I know, it is better to upgrade to the Windows 10 to develop. The Windows 7 is a little old and the Windows 10 can work better with the VS 2015 or VS 2017 which includes the latest VS features and improvement.

For your idea about the Xbox development, please redirect to this Xbox support forum: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/ to seek for a professional support since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Skupje,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the incompatible error information, I found a similar issue and you can have a try with the following:

Jeremy J Wong:

1. Uninstall any Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables from the control panel first.
    2. Download the corresponding offline ISO image from the Windows SDK archive. This lists which ISO is which.
    3. After mounting the image, open F:\Setup\SDKSetup.exe directly.

dougg3: Back up the registry table and temporarily downgrade the installed .NET Framework version (remember the version number) to make the VS installer think that there have a lower version of .NET Framework. After the installer, roll back the .NET Framework version number.

If the installation of Windows SDK 7.1 still fail, you can use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder then upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

To work with Windows SDK 7.1 to develop, like Nordine Mhoumadi said, it is better to use the VS 2010 SP1, please have a look at the system requirement of Windows SDK 7.1 and it describes The Windows Phone SDK 7.1 is compatible with the final version of Visual Studio 2010 SP1.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:18 AM
  • Would it be wiser to migrate to Windows 10 and or a higher up X-Box1 SDK? Or start using Mono?

• Edited by Naampie2000 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:55 PM
  • Hi Skupje,

Thank you for your update.

As far as I know, it is better to upgrade to the Windows 10 to develop. The Windows 7 is a little old and the Windows 10 can work better with the VS 2015 or VS 2017 which includes the latest VS features and improvement.

For your idea about the Xbox development, please redirect to this Xbox support forum: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/ to seek for a professional support since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:28 AM