Webpart to Webpart workflow based email, Sharepoint Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying to do: Using a workflow send an email from a document library to an announcement webpart

Situation: I have a sharepoint designer 2007 workflow that sends a reminder email to certain users when an expiry date on a document library is approaching. I would like this workflow to also send the notification email to an announcement webpart, but I can't get the announcement webpart to receive the email. However, I can get the announcement webpart to receive an email from my exchange email account.

I have tried: Triple checked the email address, changed the security policy to receive emails based on list permissions and from any sender, the list email is SafetyAnnouncement@xxxxxxx  I have tried sending to this address and SafetyAnnouncement@xxxxxxx.com I doubt the xxxxxxx portion is unique to our sharepoint. So I also tried sending the email to safetyannouncement@"remote login URL".

Does anyone have any ideas? I am sure I am just missing something simple, or its one of those can't be easily done things.

Thanks

David

• Edited by David1-b Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:05 PM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:48 PM