"Error: The databricks job of Dataflow completed, but the runtime state is either null or still InProgress." - Error, even when the dataflow succeeded as expected. RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I run ANY pipelines including dataflows, this error message pops up within the details of the dataflow itself.

The dataflow itself succeeds and the result is the way I want it, but this issue is just bugging me.

Any ideas?

Monday, January 13, 2020 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi egdebaero,

Glad to know your issue was resolved. Assuming that this might have happened due to recent service outage and auto-resolved when the service outage is fixed.

In case if you notice a similar issue in future, please do share the run Id's, so that it will help us to narrow down the root cause analysis.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hi egdebaero,

Thanks for your query. To better assist on your query, could you please share the pipeline run ID and activity run ID? And also please provide some additional details about your requirement so that we could try reproducing the issue. 

Note: If you are not comfortable sharing the details in this public forum, you can email us at AzCommunity@microsoft.com. If you wish to share through email, please include below details.

Subject of the email: <MSDN Thread title>

Thread URL:

Subscription ID (share only in the email):

Pipeline runID: 

Activity RunID: 

Please let me know here, once you have sent the details.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, January 13, 2020 6:20 PM
  • Hi egdebaero,

Just checking to see if you have got a chance to see my previous comment?

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:12 PM
  • Hi egdebaero,

Just checking to see if you have got a chance to see my previous comment?

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Hi.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours trying to get my debug cluster started so I could reproduce the error, and when I finally got it started the dataflow operated as usual. Seemingly no errors anymore.

I wish I had saved some of the old run ID's so that I could show you, but unfortunately pipelines ran in debug mode does not show up in my history.

Thank you.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:13 AM
  • Hi egdebaero,

Glad to know your issue was resolved. Assuming that this might have happened due to recent service outage and auto-resolved when the service outage is fixed.

In case if you notice a similar issue in future, please do share the run Id's, so that it will help us to narrow down the root cause analysis.

Thank you

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:37 PM