none
ActiveProject.Resources return too many resources in macros RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody.

I've got very annoyed issue.

I'm coding some macros which should add budget resources to project summary task automatically.

If I open single project window, I haven't got issue.

But when I open two different projects with different resources in different windows construct

ActiveProject.Resources

return resources from both openned projects together.

How I can distribute resources from different projects and why they return together?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you opening these two projects from project server? if yes, Could you uncheck "Load Resource Summary Assignments" check box you get on login prompt while opening Project Professional and check the issue behavior.

When we have this checkbox selected the resources from both the plans will be visible in resource sheet.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:32 AM
  • Thank you, Kiran.

Yes, I've got both projects from one projects server. I try to uncheck checkbox, but nothing happened. Issue has been found again(.

I've got Microsoft Project 2013 . I can repeat this bug on different computers.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:52 AM
  • You are welcome.

Yes, I can reproduce this behavior. It shows resources from all projects in resource sheet

This is by design behavior and I can see this in PS 2007, PS 2010 and PS 2013. I would suggest you to close other plans while running the macro.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:01 PM