Disable Autoscroll / Auto scroll down in conversation ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My company use Lync 2010.

When I do a conversation with multiple people, sometimes you want to read previous post because I was away from my computer.

Everytime someone post a new message, the windows scroll down.

Is there a way (configuration, registery key, patch on event new message, ...) to disable this autoscroll ?

Best regards

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:24 PM

Answers

• You cannot disable the auto-scroll in the client, but with a bit of code you can make a conversation window extension (CWE) using C#, the Lync API, and Silverlight.  Your extension would have full access to the conversation IM dialog. You would have full control of how dialog is displayed in the CWE.

Alternatively, you could use the vertical scrollbar in the conversation window to scroll up to the conversation dialog that you missed.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:54 PM

All replies

• You cannot disable the auto-scroll in the client, but with a bit of code you can make a conversation window extension (CWE) using C#, the Lync API, and Silverlight.  Your extension would have full access to the conversation IM dialog. You would have full control of how dialog is displayed in the CWE.

Alternatively, you could use the vertical scrollbar in the conversation window to scroll up to the conversation dialog that you missed.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:54 PM

OK. I didn't miss an hypothetic option in the official client. Thanks

I know this. No offense but I am not stupid :).

Just every time someone post a new comment the autoscroll scroll down so I can't continue to read the missed conversation.

I just want the autoscroll disable when vertical scrollbar is selected. (Or an option to disable temporary the autoscroll like others clients.)

I think it should be a normal behaviour for the official client. No ? Feature request ?

Thanks for answers :)
    • Edited by _NR_ Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:07 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Since the Lync SDK does not programmatically expose the functionality you are looking for, I suggest posting your question in the Lync Client forum. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsclients/threads

Thanks for the feedback!

-- How To Ask a Question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 12:31 AM
  • Thanks god !

Lync 2013 has the right behaviour ! (we just migrate)

I hope they backport to 2010 the behavior for other people ...

Saturday, February 9, 2013 11:28 AM