submitted app on Saturday, is the lifecycle different now? RRS feed

• Question

• Great new look, nice work!

I submitted my first app on Saturday before this change, and it was waiting for certification.

Now, the status is Processing Submission - I'm new at this, but it seems like maybe it went backwards a couple of steps (not sure)?

Do I need to do anything to get it moving again?  I think (again, not sure), that steps like XAP processing and signing are automated when you first submit?

g.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:40 AM

Answers

• Glad to hear that you like the new look. Your submission should still be in process - you don't need to do anything. Before we collapsed multiple stages of the submission into a single "state" and now we show you a more granular breakdown of where in the submission process is.

Jin

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:14 PM

All replies

• Glad to hear that you like the new look. Your submission should still be in process - you don't need to do anything. Before we collapsed multiple stages of the submission into a single "state" and now we show you a more granular breakdown of where in the submission process is.

Jin

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Thanks Jin.

This may be silly but submitting my first app here is making me feel as giddy as when I wrote my first trs-80 program in 1982 ("hello world"), my first vb6 app in 1999 ("hello world"), my first .net app in 2002 ("hello world"), my first web app in 2003 ("hello world"), my first Silverlight app in 2009 ("hello world"), and now, my first wp7 app in 2012 ("world domination")...

g.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:43 PM
  • I'm in the same state as Groovejumper, so I'm going to chime in here rather than create a new thread...

First, I miss the green balls from the previous site.  My app has been in the queue for over a week now and it's apparently just on step #4 ("Signing Stage").  Now we have to go find the page that shows all the steps before I could have any idea what that means.  The old dashboard that showed all the steps and where we're currently at was much more informative.  I hope you have something like that (or better) in the works.  The current dashboard is a definite step backwards.

This is also my first submission.  How long does this process take?  A week to not even get through half of the steps seems painfully slow.

Ian

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:34 PM
  • I'm in the same state as Groovejumper, so I'm going to chime in here rather than create a new thread...

First, I miss the green balls from the previous site.  My app has been in the queue for over a week now and it's apparently just on step #4 ("Signing Stage").  Now we have to go find the page that shows all the steps before I could have any idea what that means.  The old dashboard that showed all the steps and where we're currently at was much more informative.  I hope you have something like that (or better) in the works.  The current dashboard is a definite step backwards.

This is also my first submission.  How long does this process take?  A week to not even get through half of the steps seems painfully slow.

Ian

I submitted my App 6 days ago, but now it is still in state STATUS: PROCESSING SUBMISSION.....

How long will it take to certificate my App ?????

I totally agreed with R. Ian Lee's viewpoint about the old dashboard that showed all the steps

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:21 AM
  • Thank you guys for your feedback on the information/status shown in the new application lifecycle page. Be assured we're watching this forums for these type of comments so constructive feedback is always welcomed.

Regarding how long it takes for an app to be certified: sorry it's taking this long. Please wait a couple more days and if your submission still has not changed status, please open a ticket for someone to take a look.

Thanks,

Jin

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:02 AM