Folders in SharePoint 2010 Document Library RRS feed

• Question

• I am working in SharePoint 2010.  I have a site with a "Shared Documents" web part that says that "Shared Documents" is a document library.  This library has a bunch of nested folders in it.  When I open one of the folders in the web part, it takes me to a new page, but it seems that I am no longer in the document library (since I can't see a breadcrumb path).  However, when I first click on the "Shared Documents" web part name (which takes me to a new page), and then I open the same folder (again, which brings me to a new page), it seems that I am still in the document library (since I can still see the breadcrumb path).  Is this behavior expected?  Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:53 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, yes, this is an expected behavior. The web part of the document library does not show the breadcrumb if you are traversing through nested folders. When you click on the Folder in the web part, the web part refreshes and opens the child folders/documents. But I do not see a way of going back to parent folder from here.

Regards, Kapil ***Please mark answer as Helpful or Answered after consideration***

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:27 PM