Item Template for Portable Class Library Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to create item template for a Portable Class Library Project in VS2015

I have a template that works great on all other projects (VS2012,VS2015).

But when I try to use the same template in a Portable Class Library Project, it does not show up when I create a new Item or Class.

I have tried to use:
      'AppliesTo' and 'ProjectSubType'  Elements with no results.  Tries as well  'MultiTarget'  with no effort. 

Any help would by good :) 

Here is my item template file, that works everywhere else except in Portable Class Library Projects

<VSTemplate Version="3.0.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/vstemplate/2005" Type="Item">
      <TemplateData>
        <DefaultName>MyGuidEntity.cs</DefaultName>
        <Name>Guid Entity</Name>
        <Description>Base template for Guid Entity</Description>
        <ProjectType>CSharp</ProjectType>
        <SortOrder>1</SortOrder>
        <Icon>EntityIcon.ico</Icon>
      </TemplateData>
      <TemplateContent>
        <ProjectItem SubType="Code" TargetFileName="$fileinputname$.cs" ReplaceParameters="true">FileTemplate.cs</ProjectItem>
      </TemplateContent>
    </VSTemplate>

• Moved by Kristin Xie Monday, October 26, 2015 5:21 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Thorri ,

Based on your description, your case more related to Visual Studio Integrate , I will move your case to that forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Monday, October 26, 2015 5:21 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 5:20 AM
  • Hi Thorri G,

Is the Item Template generated from Portable Class Library Project? If not, you need to add the sample item to Portable Class Library Project and re-generate it.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 9, 2015 9:45 AM