Tag does not exist in XML namespace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm developing a Silverlight 4 Application in Visual Studio 2010. I'm referencing the Silverlight 3 toolkit and getting the following error trying to use the DomainUpDown control: The tag 'DomainUpDown' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Input.Toolkit'. My reference in code is as follows: xmlns:inputToolkit="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Input.Toolkit" Can someone assist please? Rav
    Monday, February 15, 2010 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I reproduced the issue and solved it by adding two other references to System.Windows.Controls and System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit.

In fact, if you drag DomainUpDown from Toolbox, you will notice that Visual Studio 2010 will add three references automatically.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:57 AM

All replies

• Did you add the reference to your project? In Visual Studio's Solution Explorer, right-click on the References and add the System.Windows.Controls.Input.Toolkit from the .NET tab.

Monday, February 15, 2010 11:05 AM
  • yes I have added the reference already
    Monday, February 15, 2010 8:31 PM
  • If you are developing a Silverlight 4 application, make sure that you use the Silverlight 4 (not 3) Toolkit.

Monday, February 15, 2010 8:33 PM
  • thanks I just updated to Silverlight 4 toolkit and re-referenced the new dlls but still the same error
    Monday, February 15, 2010 10:17 PM
  • Hi,

I reproduced the issue and solved it by adding two other references to System.Windows.Controls and System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit.

In fact, if you drag DomainUpDown from Toolbox, you will notice that Visual Studio 2010 will add three references automatically.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:57 AM
  • that was it! thank you very much
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:38 AM