On-Premise Azure MFA server Billing for a Phone Call RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have on-premise Azure MFA server configured with Citrix Netscaler(For 1200 users).

There is no on-premise identities which are synchronized on Azure but we have created a 200 on-premise user on Azure manually.

We have few P2 licenses available on Azure and its assigned for 200 users.

I'm aware I would be charged Per-License module in Azure however would like to know the exact cost?

Will I be charged for all 1200 users or only for 1000 users since I have Azure P2 license assigned? Also which license I would be charged?

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Vipin71292,

Some more information would help us assist you better on this. When you say you have created 200 On-Premise users in Azure but do not have the Synchronization enabled - Suggest you elaborate on this.

As for the Licenses, when you are assigning Azure AD Premium License (P1 or P2), there is no Per User charge anymore. We do suggest that you have the License(s) for every user in the tenant. So if you have say 200 users in the Azure AD Tenant, you should have 200 Licenses.

You can create a Billing & Subscription Ticket for more in-depth information about billing related questions.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As of July 1, 2019, Microsoft will no longer offer MFA Server for new deployments. New customers who would like to require multi-factor authentication from their users should use cloud-based Azure Multi-Factor Authentication. Existing customers who have activated MFA Server prior to July 1 will be able to download the latest version, future updates and generate activation credentials as usual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're migrating from MSDN to Microsoft Q&A as our new forums and Azure Active Directory has already made the move!  In future, you can ask and look for the discussion for Azure Active Directory related questions here:   https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-active-directory.html. We are actively working to onboard remaining Azure services on Microsoft Q&A. We will make a public announcement once complete. Want to Learn more about new platform: Microsoft Q&A Getting Started

Monday, March 9, 2020 9:50 AM
  • Hi Neelesh,

We have 1200 users in AD and we don't have AD Connect installed. Out of 1200 we have created 200 user accounts manually in Azure. Now these 200 users have different password to login to on-premise and cloud.

These 200 users(Azure) do have Azure P2 license assigned.

We have integrated NetScaler with Azure On-premise MFA. I know MS has depreciated this feature however we have already configured and integrated with NetScaler.

I want to know since 1200 users are using Azure MFA server and 200 users already have license assigned on Azure. 

Will I be charged for all 1200 users or only for 1000 users since I have Azure P2 license assigned? Also which license I would be charged to use Azure MFA server feature?

Regards,

Vipin

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:58 AM