Asp.Net Web Application is running slow in Windows server 2008 R2. RRS feed

• Question

• User-949333769 posted

I have laptop where operating syatem is windows 7  and hosted Asp.net application and accessing in mobile application. it's running fast.

Now i have deployed this application in OS windows server 2008 R2 and it's running slow.

PLease suggets me if you have any idea.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:01 AM

All replies

• User-484054684 posted

Probably your laptop and mobile could connect faster and Windows Server 2008 R2 is on other network (probably your official network or so) - that might be the reason. OS might not be the reason.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:12 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Don't stop here. You'll need to find what is slow using profiling, tracing or something such as https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.stopwatch(v=vs.110).aspx

You could also use F12 and the network tab to see if this is the HTTP query. For example if all is on the same machine you'll bypass the network. If the app is showing a huge page you could realize once live that it takes quite some time to go through the network etc etc...

In short at this step the idea is to investigate where this time is spent, not in trying to guess where it happens.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:19 AM