none
Problem with missing WinForms form class file in solution explorer

Question

• Hello,

I have a strange issue that I noticed today in my Visual Studio 2015 Professional. In the solution explorer the file with code part of the form in WinForms environment is not shown. The only way I can access it by pressing the View Code button on form or pressing F7. Earlier I could do by double clicking on file from solution explorer, but not it's not showing it.

Any idea how to fix it?

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 5:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi jabolx,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Firstly, please go to this WinForm application file URL to check if the .cs file is exist.

Then please create a new WinForm project to check if you could see the .cs code file is under the Solution Explorer.

1. Still missing: the cause of the issue may be related to VS itself.

Did you recently install any third-party add-ins or extensions in VS?

If so ,please restart Windows and in safe mode, run devenv /safemode in Visual Studio  Command Prompt.

If in safe mode this issue disappeared, the cause should be third-party applications, services or Visual Studio Add-ins.

2. Work fine: the cause may be pending on your project.

You may create a new project template and then copy the files from your previous one and then run it again.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 02, 2016 7:42 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the answer. Sadly it's none of the mentioned issues. I tried already creating new project and running VS in safe mode. None of those changed anything.

I tried even to do Repair on VS installation but it didn't helped eathier. Anyone has some other suggestions how to fix this as it's really annoying in everyday use?

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Hello again,

I reinstalled Visual Studio 2015 again and the icon came back. But as soon as I install proposed by Microsoft update of Microsoft Core 1.0 RC2 it disappears again. So I'm guessing this is the source of the issue. Any idea if it's a known bug and is it going to be fixed anytime soon as I would like to try out some MS Core 1.0 functionallity.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Hi jabolx,

From your description, I think you are to the point.

You could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding. After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. And I will help you to vote it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 17, 2016 9:12 AM