none
Can't RDP into VMs RRS feed

• Question

Unable to RDP into Azure VM's hosted in EAST US region. I CAN RDP into .9, .7, .11, .5 ( This was unable to access yesterday)I CANNOT RDP into .12, .10, .8, .6, .4, (Today) I get the message below. However, I am able to ping them just not RDC into them.

@AzureSupport provided the following documentation:  aka.ms/d1026065. (Troubleshoot Remote Desktop Connections)

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello, were you able to follow the steps in the "Troubleshoot Remote Desktop connections" document. E.g. trying basic steps like a VM resize (to force it to redeploy). Can you outline the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

Do you get any response from Remote Desktop or does it look like it's not listening on the port at all?

Are these Azure Resource Manager VMs created with the new portal or are these classic VMs?

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:46 PM
    Answerer
  • This all started after there was a issue with EAST US on 16th. Prior to which things were all working fine.

The VM's (.9, .7, .11, .5) can be accessed when I connect to other set of VM's which is (.12, .10, .8, .6, .4) and then RDP via those ( RDP within RDP).

I do not have a S2S established rather I have a P2S ( for various reasons) - So from my client machine when I connect to P2S VPN and then access (.9, .7, .11, .5) works! but not (.12, .10, .8, .6, .4)!

I did try VM resize on 1 of the machine with no luck - And redploy option is something I have not explored ( pros and cons) to give it a try!

All there were created with ARM .

Any help would be much appreciated!

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:48 AM
  • If all the VMs are accessible within the VNET,  does each VM have a public IP address associated with it, or are you using a load balancer?
    If it's a load balancer, can you check the NAT rules?
    If each VM has a public IP, then it's sounding like this is going to need a support case, but you could try installing the VMAccess extension to do a remote access reset on one of the VMs just in case.

Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:36 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry for delayed response!

The issue is fixed. This is what MS Support communicated!

"The resolution is that the VPN gateway was reset by Microsoft and it had become corrupt after a Microsoft network outage in East-US region of Azure."

So the initial announcement of issue resolved was not correct from MS side!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:14 PM
  • Thanks for following up with the resolution. I am marking your reply as answer.

Guy

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:18 PM
    Answerer