none
XAML Designer crashes in Visual Studio 2015 and Blend

Question

• System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException
    [8040] 设计器进程意外终止!
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain.Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IIsolationDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String assemblyCodeBase, String typeName)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedObjectFactory.Initialize()
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateObjectFactory(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, IObjectCatalog catalog)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry, IServiceProvider serviceOverrides)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)
       在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass10_0`1.<StartTask>b__0()
       在 System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       在 System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    • Moved by Kristin Xie Monday, January 25, 2016 3:17 AM VS related
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi chenenxion,

This forum is about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, as your issue is more related to the Visual Studio itself, we help you move it to the Visual Studio General Questions forum for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 25, 2016 3:12 AM
  • Hi chenenxion,

Which kind of app did you create, UWP apps or others?

Just to make this issue clearly, if you create a blank project, how about the result? For example, a blank Universal app or others.

If just the specific app has this issue:

(1) Close the designer file, and then re-open.

(2) Run your VS as the admin, clean and rebuild your whole solution.

(3) Please change the platform target(X86/X64/Any CPU).

(4) Maybe you could comment out certain code in your designer file, and then open the designer again. At least, we could know that whether it is related to the code.

I met this kind of issue before when one community member developed the universal app, all UWP apps have the same issue:

Please delete your shadow cache under C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Designer\ShadowCache, check it again.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:37 AM
  • Reinstall several times already.

<Page
        x:Class="App4.MainPage"
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        xmlns:local="using:App4"
        xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
        xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
        mc:Ignorable="d">

<Grid Background="{ThemeResource ApplicationPageBackgroundThemeBrush}">

</Grid>
    </Page>

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:00 AM
  • Hi chenenxion,

So a blank UWP app still has this issue, am I right?

If so, I think we would think about the Environment.

(1) Please check your setup file's SHA-1 Values:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

If it has the different SHA-1 value, I suggest you re-download the VS from the official site.

(2) To collect the detailed setup log message, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here. I will help you analyze your log messages.(3) The latest update package for the VS2015 is the update 1, so you'd better to install the latest update package in your side.

Thanks,

Jack

Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Hi Jack-Zhai

1drv.ms/1QFUQot

Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:26 PM
  • Hi chenenxion,

It seems that it doesn't collect the detailed setup log messages successfully in your side.

I just get the Xamarin error in one log file:

Xamarin -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2711.

As far as I know, it was not the default option, could you remove this package? And then check your VS again. So we could know that whether it is related to the Xamarin package.

In addition, could you tell me the real windows Environment in your side? Is it the latest Windows 10 10586 Environment? I met the error XMAL designer didn't work before which was related to the windows version, so if possible, please update your windows to the latest version.

Please also change the Target version=10240 under your project property.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, February 01, 2016 10:06 AM