none
Remove previous version of the MSI RRS feed

• Question

• I had created an MSI Package, I had set the remove previous version to true. Install allusers to false.

Once i install the newer versions, older version is getting removed sometimes and sometimes it is not removed.

I could see the traces of the older MSI product id in the registry.

Some one pls sugges a solution to clean up the previous version of the older version from registry level while we instal the new version of the msi.

Thank you

Explaination in detail:

I had created an MSI Package (Version 1) and installed in an machine with administrative previlage, it is getting installed and I could see the files in the path "c:\programfiles\WordAddIn".

After that I made some more changes to the code and upgrated the MSI to version 2 and I installed the new package in the machine. But the changes made are not reflecting properly, since the previous version is already existing and  I need to manually go to control Panel -> Add/remove programs- Wodaddin and remove that program.

After that I installed the new package it is working fine.

I was expecting the MSI itself should remove the previous version and install the new version.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:49 PM

All replies

• i think that by default in this setting MSI will leave components that were manually modified after installation. can you confirm that?

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:37 AM
  • I'm using createinstall to msi make, and I always must uninstall to install right version. That can beuncomfortable -but it is effective.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:13 PM
  • yes, you are right.
    Monday, September 3, 2012 10:18 AM