Using Azure Devops to source control an entire resource group ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Like the title says I would like to know if there is some way to use Azure Devops to source control and CI/CD a resource group with Logic Apps in it.
    When I try, I must already have a git repository but since I'm using the Azure portal, I don't have any way to sync all the Json code up with a git repository. The only way I can see (very blurrily) is to import everythings from the portal to Visual Studio and to somehow use a Devops/github repo to sync.

I looked online a lot but I didn't fin anyone who tries to use devops to CI/CL a logic app solutions. Only things using Logic Apps in the pipeline to do some of the deployment work.

My questions dosn't seem to be very clear, tell me if i need to clarify it.

Thanks ! :)
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:45 PM

Answers

• Yes you can create git repo and track your logic apps source code in VS with the help of logic apps extensions. Azure Devops, where you have build and release pipelines can be triggered whenever there is a git push or manually or in a timely fashion.

Thanks Sovit

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:29 PM

All replies

• At this point of time, the logic apps can only be managed and deployed as ARM templates. For CI/CD pipelines there are tasks in release pipeline to deploy an arm template.

https://medium.com/capgemini-dynamics-365-team/arm-logic-app-deployment-with-vsts-f5be1e582213

Thanks Sovit

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:19 PM
  • The problem is not the deployment itself,but how do I automatically get the arm template from my logic app ? Do I have to download the Arm template manually and upload it on devops ?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Yes if you have logic apps already running in Azure then you need to download the templates manually and add them into your visual studio project. But, if you are starting a new project then you can start with a fresh ARM project in visual studio and install logic apps tools for visual studio for logic apps development using visual studio. By doing this, all new logic apps added through VS are well scripted in your source control. Hope that helps.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VinaySinghMSFT.AzureLogicAppsToolsForVS2019

Thanks Sovit

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:22 AM
  •  By doing this, all new logic apps added through VS are well scripted in your source control. Hope that helps.

What do you meean by that ?
    Does it mean that i can create a repo git andset up VS to track my Logic App source code, triggering the deployment pipeline on Devops ?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:03 PM
  • Yes you can create git repo and track your logic apps source code in VS with the help of logic apps extensions. Azure Devops, where you have build and release pipelines can be triggered whenever there is a git push or manually or in a timely fashion.

Thanks Sovit

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:29 PM
  • Thanks, it's exaclty what I need !
    Friday, May 31, 2019 9:49 AM