Which programming language was used for making MS Office 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every body

I want to know did Microsoft changed MS Office programming language or still use c++?

Saturday, April 23, 2016 7:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Amir,

>> I just need to know which language Microsoft team used to create this application.

Based on the right part from the link below, Office 2016 applications are written in C++.

# Microsoft Office

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hello Amir,

You can use any language for developing Office COM add-ins or just automate Office applications. See Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-In for Outlook .

[custom.development]

Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:22 AM
  • thanks for reply, but I don't want develop office. I just need to know which language Microsoft team used to create this application.
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:30 PM
  • Nothing has been changed so far I bielive. 

[custom.development]

Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:35 PM
  • Given the fact that almost all of the example programs they publish are in C#, and the developer kits now also include examples in C#, I would suspect the writing is on the wall. Even the occasional reference to C++ headers is far and in between.

al edlund

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Monday, April 25, 2016 8:52 PM
  • Hi Amir,

>> I just need to know which language Microsoft team used to create this application.

Based on the right part from the link below, Office 2016 applications are written in C++.

# Microsoft Office

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:27 AM