TextBox content renderd to new page RRS feed

• Question

• User137014332 posted

Hi all,

i have a local report(RDLC), My report has Textbox controls which grow and shrink, depending on the size of the bound text. When the text in the ReportViewer textbox control is too long to fit on the current page, a page break occurs before the textbox and it is then wholly rendered in the next page. This often results in a large empty gap at the bottom of the first page where the page break occurred.

i don't know how to come over this problem.

can anyone help me.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:11 AM

Answers

• User-830595639 posted

Hi,

Make our pring layout to "Landscape" mode, and this will solve your problem.

To change to "Landscape" you need to go "Report->Report Properties" menu and here you can find the option.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:42 AM

All replies

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Nermeen,

Please check your Page header and footer, thats the areas where you can reduce the gap betwee pages.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:43 AM
  • User137014332 posted

This area is not big , the footer is only for printing the page numbers and it is small.

the problem in the the text box when the data on it will take for example two pages, and will not fit only on the remaining space, the data on the textbox automatically begin from the next page leaving a gap on the first page and this only happen when i print the report or view it on PDF

what i want is to continue putting the data on the first page and if it is big the remaining will be on the next page.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:24 AM
  • User-830595639 posted

Hi,

Make our pring layout to "Landscape" mode, and this will solve your problem.

To change to "Landscape" you need to go "Report->Report Properties" menu and here you can find the option.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:42 AM