none
Setting zoom higher than what is available for imagery breaks maps. RRS feed

• Question

• If you look at the area around 31.375965 110.23336 in China, the resolution of available imagery changes.  If I use setView to change the map center to a point in the high resolution area, with a zoom of 16, it works fine.   If I set the center to the low resolution area, with any zoom 14 or higher, the map does not load.  If I initialize the map with a higher zoom, and then change the zoom, it seems to break the map and unload it.  If I start with a zoom of 13, and use the map controls to zoom in on the area, my pointers do not update until I zoom back out to 13.  
    Monday, July 10, 2017 7:58 PM

Answers

• That odds, the V8 control disables aerial imagery when in China all together (it doesn't show up as an option in the map type drop down), so not sure how they would have been able to encounter this issue. Aerial imagery in China is not currently supported and is something we plan to work on over the next year.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:58 PM

All replies

• I'm able to reproduce this. I have logged this as a bug for the dev team to investigate. Note that this only appears to happen when using the map control outside of China. When in china I believe aerial imagery is disabled since it doesn't align with the roads and looks bad.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:17 AM
  • This problem was originally reported to me by a user that was in China, so the problem occurs there as well.
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:56 AM
  • That odds, the V8 control disables aerial imagery when in China all together (it doesn't show up as an option in the map type drop down), so not sure how they would have been able to encounter this issue. Aerial imagery in China is not currently supported and is something we plan to work on over the next year.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:58 PM