none
Not able to import XLSX file into Sql server

Question

• While importing xlsx file in sql server I am getting the below error:

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. (System.Data).

I have already installed `AccessDatabaseEngine_X64`. 

what settings should I check more?

I am using WIN 10 64 bit , SQL server 2016 , Microsoft office 365 pro plus 64 bit

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Saritask,

Which tool did you use? The Import and export wizard? How did you open it? From SSMS or open it from start menu directly? If you open it from SSMS, it will open the 32-bit edition, then we will need to install the 32-bit driver.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Saritask Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:10 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:16 AM

All replies

• I have already installed `AccessDatabaseEngine_X64`. 

How do you try to import, with a 32 bit tool? Then you have to install ACE as 32 bit (x86) data provider.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:59 PM
  • No its a 64 bit tool
    Monday, February 11, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Are you sure it is installed?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Monday, February 11, 2019 1:30 PM
    Answerer
  • yes . But I can see both of these drivers Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0,
    Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0. Can it create a issue?

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:30 PM
  • Hi Saritask,

Which tool did you use? The Import and export wizard? How did you open it? From SSMS or open it from start menu directly? If you open it from SSMS, it will open the 32-bit edition, then we will need to install the 32-bit driver.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Saritask Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:10 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:16 AM
  • This will not affect

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:17 AM