none
Download a rendered report from ReportViewer? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm asking this again because I can't find my original post. 

Is it possible to 'grab' a report that's already rendered in the report viewer and save it to disk programatically? 

I then need to use a 3rd party product to export it to PowerPoint, since that's not a supported export format for SSRS.

Is there any way to grab the rendered report, or would I have to generate it again? 

I want the users to be able to get their report 'correct' based on the parameters entered before exporting it to Powerpoint, without running the report again (if possible)

Thanks,
    Chris 
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:49 PM

Answers

• You can export a report and save the stream to disk by using the ReportViewer.ServerReport.Render() or ReportViewer.LocalReport.Render() methods, depending on which mode you are using.  The formats available for each mode are available from the ReportViewer.XXXReport.ListRenderingExtensions() method.

• Marked as answer by CCusson15 Monday, July 7, 2008 4:50 PM
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies

• You can export a report and save the stream to disk by using the ReportViewer.ServerReport.Render() or ReportViewer.LocalReport.Render() methods, depending on which mode you are using.  The formats available for each mode are available from the ReportViewer.XXXReport.ListRenderingExtensions() method.

• Marked as answer by CCusson15 Monday, July 7, 2008 4:50 PM
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:14 PM
  • awesome, thanks Brian. That worked- I was able to find the 3rd party rendering format that I needed. Unfortunately, they didn't publish it, but loping through the export formats worked like a charm.

• Proposed as answer by max_L Friday, July 30, 2010 10:46 AM
    Monday, July 7, 2008 4:51 PM
  • Chris -- what was the 3rd party rendering tool or technique that you're using? I'm also trying to export to PowerPoint, but can't find much info out there. Thanks!
    Friday, July 18, 2008 2:59 AM