Web Application using Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• User-228977295 posted

Hi, I am new to ASP but I hope I will be able to use ASP.net with C#  to create an application that can work with outlook. Is it possible to have a webpage that is able to pull appointments out of outlook and send data (like appointments) back to outlook? Some ideas how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Hope i'm in the right forum....Thanks all.  

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:14 AM

All replies

• User-125547262 posted

Don't think this would be possible on the client end since your web page has limited privileges

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:42 AM
  • User-228977295 posted

Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't ASP provide any functionality that allows one to utlise outlook? I thnk I have seen products that allow one to use webpages and work with outlook that are available to buy.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:28 AM
  • User-125547262 posted

Are you talking about the outlook web accesss that works in conjunction with the exchange server? what I mentioned was with respect to interacting with the outlook client.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:32 AM
  • User-228977295 posted

I want to be able to use a web application that is able to view data like appointments in MS Outlook. So lets say you have MS Outlook on your machine and I am using an online application. I want a meeting with you therefore I should be able to use my application to view your calender to see when you are free.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:07 AM