Getting the error of OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the "connect identifier" specified. while processing the cube. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following error while I am processing the cube on dev server but the same cube is running on my qa server. I have replaced the tnsnames.ora file on dev server with the ones on teh qa server but still this error is being repeated. When I checked the event log I am getting the following error

Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( MSSQLServerOLAPService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified..
    Monday, April 20, 2009 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Jayesh,
    as per the error code.
    This ORA-12154 is a very common error, always related to your local copy of the tnsnames.ora file, your listener configuration and your database name aliases.

·     Make sure that your listener is listening for the same service name that you are using.

·     Your service name might have an alias, so check for global (world) entries and local entries.  Check $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora.

·     Check your global_name setting with this SQL:

select * from global_name;

The query value should match your init.ora parms for db_name and db_domain,  You can change the global_name with an alter database commend, as follows:

alter database rename global_name to xxx;

Let us TRY this
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:49 AM