enterprise Library XML Logging RRS feed

• Question

• User-1284875295 posted

Hi,

I am using Enterprise 3.0  library Application block  for Exception handling and logging.

I need to logging into an XML file with Rollback, I tried the following listeners.

but  the XML file Generated is not well formed

RollingFlatFileTraceListener with header as <logentry> and footer as </logentry>

Problem i have a series of <logentry> elements but the XML generated is not well formed

XmlTraceListener

problem no rolling back

can any body encountered problem like this

is there any trace listener to do this

ie i need to have a well formed xml as the log

regards

jereesh

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:43 AM

All replies

• User-1284875295 posted

hi,

i  can explain my problem more specific as follows

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>This is regarding the “XML file logging” for exception information occurred in the application using Enterprise Library 3.1<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>If multiple times the application logs the exception, it creates new node entry and IE browser cannot view the xml as it breaks the XML well form. <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Please find the listeners being used in the mail below <o:p> </o:p>Using Enterprise Library 3.1, Is there any way we can maintain the XML well form if multiple entries are done?<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Any workaround or suggestions would be welcome.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Regards,<o:p></o:p>

jereesh

<o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>    <listeners><o:p></o:p>      <add fileName="Log.xml" rollSizeKB="5" timeStampPattern="yyyy-MM-dd"<o:p></o:p>        rollFileExistsBehavior="Increment" rollInterval="None" formatter="Text Formatter"<o:p></o:p>        header="&lt;LogEntry&gt;" footer="&lt;/LogEntry&gt;" listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"<o:p></o:p>        traceOutputOptions="LogicalOperationStack" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.TraceListeners.RollingFlatFileTraceListener, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"<o:p></o:p>        name="Rolling Flat File Trace Listener" /><o:p></o:p>    </listeners><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:55 AM