none
Associating a hot key with my ribbon tab not working RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Ribbon using designer. There's a tab Tab1. I added 'a' (without quotatioin) as its KeyTip. If I run add-in, and press alt, that tab is associated with hotkey Y1 and not a. How to make keytip working please ?

Before I used a as keytip, I ran Word and made sure a isn't used by other menu items. I'm using Word 2016 and there are no other add-ins except mine. Word is default US installation.

Thanks

Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I could reproduce your issue.

We need to assign the keytip in the ribbon_load event,

If it does not work for some characters like "a", it maybe conflict with built-in controls.

You could use "z" as the KeyTip

private void Ribbon1_Load(object sender, RibbonUIEventArgs e)

{

TestTab.KeyTip = "z";

}

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:56 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks. I tried it but it doesn't work. (I made sure the load method is called.)

Thanks

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

What character do you use now?

You could try "CKS" which should not be used, try to directly set the value in Properties Windows.

If it still does not work, what is your specific version? And I would suggest you use Ribbon(XML).

I test in Version1612(Build 7668.2041) and Version1609(Build 7369.2102), and they work.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 9, 2017 8:46 AM