none
Power Pivot Add-in is not an option in Excel 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have excel 2013 and am having trouble enabling the Power Pivot feature.  I have followed all necessary steps and tried enabling the tool in File>Options>Add-in>COM Add-in, but it is not listed in the drop down list. I also looked under 'disabled items' and still no luck.  How do I fix this issue? Do I have to uninstall 2013 and install 2010 and the Power pivot feature?

Monday, February 22, 2016 10:58 PM

All replies

• >>> I have followed all necessary steps and tried enabling the tool in File>Options>Add-in>COM Add-in, but it is not listed in the drop down list. I also looked under 'disabled items' and still no luck.  How do I fix this issue? Do I have to uninstall 2013 and install 2010 and the Power pivot feature?<<<

According to your description, PowerPivot in Excel 2013 is an add-in you can use to perform powerful data analysis in Excel 2013. The add-in is available in Microsoft Office Professional Plus. It’s built-into Excel 2013 but is not enabled. if MicrosoftOfficePowerPivot for Excel 2013 add-ins do not appear in the COM Add-Ins dialog box as expected, this issue occurs because the registry keys that provide the add-in information to the Add-in Manager are damaged or set to invalid values.

To work around this issue, follow these steps to delete the affected registry keys:
    1.Exit Excel 2013.

2.Start Registry Editor. To do this, use the appropriate method for your operating system, as follows:
    •In Windows 7, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    •In Windows 8, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

3.Locate the registry keys that are described in the "Notes" section that follows this procedure.

4.Right-click the appropriate registry entry, and then click Delete.

5.Exit Registry Editor.

6.Start Excel 2013.

7.Click Options, click Add-Ins, select Com Add-Ins in the Manage list,and then click Go.

For more information, click here to refer about COM add-ins are not displayed in the COM Add-Ins dialog box in Excel 2013 and here to refer about Start the Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel add-in

• Edited by David_JunFeng Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:19 AM
    • Proposed as answer by André Santo Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:18 AM
  • Hi,

Which 'notes' do I delete?

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:31 PM
  • I've followed the steps and deleted the two notes as listed in the page in your comment.  I restarted Excel and still am not able to see PowerPivot as a COM add-in option. 
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:34 PM
  • Hi, Irene Ko

you could try the following:
    1.Close Excel.
    2.Point to Start > Run and then type regedit.
    3.In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0 > User Settings.
    4.Right-click PowerPivotExcelAddin and then click Delete.
    5.Scroll back up to the top of Registry Editor.
    6.Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > Excel > Addins.
    7.Right-click PowerPivotExcelClientAddIn.NativeEntry.1 and then click Delete.
    8.Close Registry Editor.
    9.Open Excel.
    10.Enable the add-in.

For more information, click here to refer about Start the Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel add-in

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:32 AM
  • Hi I've tried this and still no luck..
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:29 PM
  • Hi, Irene Ko

PowerPivot in Excel 2013 add-in is available in Microsoft Office Professional Plus, so I suggest that you could check Excel Version.

For more information, click here to refer about What version of Office am I using?

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:03 AM