SSMAforOracleExtensionPack_7.8.0 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to migrate an oracle application (Oracle 10G) to a test environment (SQL Server 2014).

When I tried to execute the same process using a real development environment (target) I had a problem.

While the "SSMAforOracleExtensionPack 7.8.0" installation occurred the error "Invalid connection (Cannot find principal 'sa',

because it does not exist or you do not have permission.)'

a) I am connected to the SQL Server with a privileged windows account (using windows authentication);

b) For security reasons the account "sa" really does not exist in this server (target), there is another one with the same privileges;

The whole migration process in the test environment was OK, but in the development for some tables the data was not migrated, I am suspecting

that the problem can be related to this installation error of the Extension Pack.

Could someone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Claudio Salvador

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

At which step of the installation does this error occur? I disabled "sa" account and installed the extension pack just fine. I can see the error only if I try to use "sa" credentials, which is expected.

Unless you are using server-side data migration, extension pack installation should not interfere with it. You will need extension pack to use some of the resulting schema conversions at runtime, but client-side data migration in SSMA has no dependencies on the extension pack, so you may want to look somewhere else for data migration issues. When you say "data was not migrated" - what did you get in the UI? Was it 0 out of X rows migrated? Did it give you any additional info when you click Details button in the migration results dialog?

Regards,
    Alex.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:19 PM
  • Did you figure out how to get around this error while installing?
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:12 PM