locked
Visual Studio Shell for SQL Server 2012 Integration Services RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1840112551 posted

    Not sure where EXACTLY this post belongs because I'm not sure about the cause of the error - Visual Studio, or SSIS or underlying framework or an XML document. I'm starting here because I believe VS shell might be the culprit.

    I'm trying to add a web service task via [[Visual Studio 2010 Shell for SQL Server 2012 SSIS]].

    I have the wsdl file and the xsd file in the same folder. When I try to reference the wsdl file below, I get the error from Visual Studio:

    The root element of a W3C XML Schema should be <schema> and its namespace should be 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.

    Also - the same xml/xsd produce perfect .cs proxy code when used with the wsdl.exe tool. And the service gives expected results when called via that code. It's just the Visual Studio 2010 shell for SSIS that is giving the above error.

    Here are the first few lines of the 13,000 line wsdl file:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <definitions xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/" xmlns:mime="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:s0="http://www.cisco.com/AXLAPIService/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/" xmlns:xsd1="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.0" targetNamespace="http://www.cisco.com/AXLAPIService/">
    <import location="AXLSoap.xsd" namespace="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.0"/>
    <message name="addSipProfileIn">
    <part element="xsd1:addSipProfile" name="axlParams"/>
    </message>
    </import>
    

    First few lines of AXLSoap.xsd:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.0" xmlns:axlapi="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.0" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="unqualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="8.0">
    <xsd:complexType name='XSipProfile'>
    <xsd:sequence minOccurs='0'>
    <xsd:element maxOccurs='1' nillable='false' name='name' minOccurs='1' type='axlapi:String50'></xsd:element>




    Monday, January 21, 2013 11:09 AM

Answers

  • User1840112551 posted

    HOLY CR*P! turned out to be that the <import> element in XSD expects a fully qualified (http or https, cannot be c:\ d:\ etc) location property.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 7:51 PM

All replies

  • User1840112551 posted

    I found this documented bug, but the example provided is too complex for me.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820122?wa=wsignin1.0

    I'm almost positive my error might be related to the bug, because even if I change the location property in <import> element of wsdl to a random filename, I get the same error. Any ideas anyone??

    Monday, January 21, 2013 6:35 PM
  • User1840112551 posted

    HOLY CR*P! turned out to be that the <import> element in XSD expects a fully qualified (http or https, cannot be c:\ d:\ etc) location property.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 7:51 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

    Hi greatbear

    HOLY CR*P! turned out to be that the <import> element in XSD expects a fully qualified (http or https, cannot be c:\ d:\ etc) location property.

    Glad that you've solved your problem by yourself, and I come here to confirm and close the issue. If you have anything urgent, please feedback by creating another issue.

    Kind regards

    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:34 AM