License mobility through software assurance clarityHi RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

we have bunch of licencing available in the MSDN subscription, we are planning to use these licence in Azure VM, My question is

1. currently Azure change per VM based on the OS, If we use our won licence then how it will be charged ?

2. All the OS upgrades are taken care by the Azure team or we need to take care ?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:22 AM

Answers

• Hi sharan,

Thanks for posting!

Base on my understanding, Azure charged by the number of azure virtual core, RAM size and OS and so on. And Windows prices below include Windows Server licensing cost. If you have License Mobility with this Software Assurance benefit, there is no need to purchase new licenses and no associated mobility fees so, you can easily deploy existing licenses on the Azure cloud platform. I recommend you could refer to the azure VM pricing page and License Mobility pricing page.

Also, you could try the azure support channel via http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/contact/

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:09 AM