none
rdlc reports in vs2005 with a sql server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody:

i have a c# project in vs 2005, all of my reports are local (rdlc) and the database was sql 2005 and everything was fine, now the database server changed to sql 2008, when i needed to add a new report a message appears saying that the database (2008) was not supported and i install the component that allows to connect with sql server 2008, and i can connect the problem is that all the new reports not run, apperas a message saying that the dataset source for the dataset was not initialized...  that never happen before....   what can i do? i really need help please.....
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:47 AM

All replies

• When using local mode, the host application is responsible for executing the query and supplying the data set to the report viewer.  It sounds like you have hooked things up correctly, particularly if this was working with a SQL 2005 database.  When you code executes the query, do you receieve an error message or exception?  And if not, what is the exact error message you are seeing in the report viewer?
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:23 AM
  • the error appears in the report viewer it says "a data source instance has not been supplied for the data source DS_Preparatoria_Abitur".

thanks in advance
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:50 AM
  • Hi Ricardo,

In Visual Studio, in the form designer, click on the ReportViewer. Then on the right side click the small triangle and bring up the smart tags. Choose "Choose Data sources", that will bring up a dialog that shows how your project datasources are mapped to your Report datasources. Make sure everything in there looks as you expect.

Then in that same smart tag fly out, pick "Rebind data sources". It's likely one of these two will fix your problem.

The underlying problem is that the report isn't receiving its data. It looks like when you installed the .NET driver for SQL 2008, your project got a bit out of whack.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:04 AM