none
EDI via WCF receive Adapter ... cannot retrieve Response from published service IAsyncResult?? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm still trying to figure out getting an ACK back to my WCF client when using the WCF Publishing Wizard, Basic HTTP WCF adapter and a WCF Client (Windows form).

I'm trying to do the same type of thing from Sathish's blog post: http://blog.tsathish.com/?p=101

He references the WCF Service in his windows form client. When clicking on the button, he uses IAsyncResult which has the following:

IAsyncResult asyncRes = client.BeginOperation1(ediRequest, new AsyncCallback(Service1ClientOnEndTwoWayMethod), Guid.NewGuid().ToString());

** When I try to use IAsyncResult, I do not have a "Begin" or "End" for the operation I created. The only thing I can do is:

responseMsg = serviceClient.TFOperation(requestMsg); //responseMsg returns null...however the operation does execute and send the requestMsg.

Am I missing something when publishing the WCF service or creating the client? Because I cannot use the IAsyncResult like he does.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:28 AM

Answers