Splitting Region and Language Control Panels

Question

• I see that Region and Language has been split in Win 8.  intl.cpl still points directly to Region, but the split out Languages doesn't seem to have any .cpl that I can either guess or figure out.  Can someone give me the control panel name for Languages?

I think this is a good idea as the Language Control Panel is a big improvement over previous editions!

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:52 PM

All replies

• Its called 'Languages' in Control Panel.
    Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin | Notebooks | Microsoft MVP

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:12 PM
  • Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for... that's what the icon is called in the Control Panel.  I am looking for the control panel command line - Region still responds to intl.cpl.  What is the cpl command for Languages?

Ben @ SysAdminCircus.com
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:21 PM
  • On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:21:01 +0000, SysAdminCircus wrote:

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for... that's what the icon is called in the Control Panel.? I am looking for the control panel command line - Region still responds to intl.cpl.? What is the cpl command for Languages?

Have you done a dir *.cpl from a command prompt on the System32 folder? I
    don't have a Win8 machine I can access currently.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    CRT: A movie about a little alien who forgets his telephone number and must
    write home.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:37 PM
  • Thanks for the response. I didn't find any .cpl file that directly opened Languages. I checked in system32 and sysWOW64. That probably means there isn't one.

Ben @ SysAdminCircus.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:51 PM
  • Please send feedback on this issue.

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Marilyn
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:41 AM
  • Region and Language hasn't been split. What used to be called "Text Services and Input Languages" is now "Language". There has never been a CPL to run it even in earlier versions of Windows. The command to run it is: Rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL input.dll
    • Proposed as answer by xpclient Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:00 AM