Write Access to Subfolder within a Website II6 RRS feed

• Question

• User-199549937 posted

Group,

I have a problem with writing to a folder within a website. I'm running II6 on a PDC W2003 Standard. I had set the folder 'TempFolder' security to include the following allow and with the following users:

Modify, Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, Write

IIS_WPG & IUSR_MACHINENAME

The directory is 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TempFolder\' and with IIS Configuration

The TempFolder setting within the IIS Manager is set with the following Directory settings:

Read, Write, Directory browsing

I'm not sure if i should use aspnet_regiis -ga foraboveuser. I believe it might cause security issue for registering the IUSR_MACHINENAME.

As far as I know... the IUSR_MACHINENAME is used as a anonymous.

Please help. 

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:32 AM

Answers

• User-199549937 posted

I appreciate the response... but when IIS is installed in a DC, the account ASPNET is not created... though I did find the answer. The 'Network Service' (a local account, not a domain) will do the trick... i had to add it to the security profile of the folder.

Again many thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:14 PM

All replies

• User176332441 posted

You need to add the ASPNET USER with full permission to write 

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:45 PM
  • User-199549937 posted

I appreciate the response... but when IIS is installed in a DC, the account ASPNET is not created... though I did find the answer. The 'Network Service' (a local account, not a domain) will do the trick... i had to add it to the security profile of the folder.

Again many thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:14 PM