none
SCOM server: Critical : New : Run As Account does not exist on the target system or does not have enough permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Alert: Run As Account does not exist on the target system or does not have enough permissions
    Source: MSSQLSERVER

Alert description: Management Group: SoltaScom. Script: GetSQL2008DBFilesFreeSpace.vbs : Cannot login to database [MSSQLSERVER:master]

"
    Notification subscription ID generating this message: {F9A2E49C-0FAC-E5D6-0A7C-1EAAEE276AC7}

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:48 PM

All replies

• Can any one help me to fix this issue
    Saturday, February 22, 2014 5:13 AM
  • I realize this post is in the wrong section and it should be in the SCOM section - but I thought I'd post a fix I found just incase it helps anybody else in the future that stumbles across this issue.

I had the same problem, and even though my Run As account had all the relevant permissions etc, on SOME sql servers I got he issue of the Run As account not existing on the target system, and unable to log into the master database.

I resolved the issue by explicitly assigning my run as account (on in my case the AD security group my run as account belonged to), directly to the MASTER database and assigning the sysadmin permission and dbowner permission.

Even though other databases on the same server were ok, the master database on (some) of my SQL servers needed to be explicitly assigned.

HTH.

http://www.dreamension.net

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:53 AM