Dock/Float IVsWindowFrame component like the solution explorer or the properties dialog RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a visual studio extension that launched a browser within  visual studio. The link opens as a tabbed document. I want the browser window have the float/dock behavior similar to the solution explorer or the properties windows. 

I have tried setting the following property on the window frame

IVsWindowFrame ppFrame;

var service = Package.GetGlobalService(typeof(IVsWebBrowsingService)) as IVsWebBrowsingService;

service.Navigate(sCodeSearchLinkToNavigate, (uint)__VSWBNAVIGATEFLAGS.VSNWB_ForceNew, out ppFrame);

ppFrame.SetProperty((int)__VSFPROPID.VSFPROPID_FrameMode, VSFRAMEMODE.VSFM_Float);

Setting the _VSFPROPID.VSFPROPID_FrameMode property launches the browser on top of other documents in a floted manner with no option to dock it like the solution explorer.

Any idea on how to achieve the same. Any lead would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Saurav.

Suarav

Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Saurav.Mishra,

Please modify your package attribute, like below and check if it works for you.

[ProvideToolWindow(typeof(ThePane),
                       Orientation=ToolWindowOrientation.Right,
                       Window=EnvDTE.Constants.vsWindowKindOutput,
                       Style=VsDockStyle.Tabbed)]

Best regards,

Zhanglgong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:38 AM