DXVA-HD EVR Custom Mixer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to implement a custom mixer for the EVR that uses DXVA-HD for mixing streams.

In ProcessMessage I get the MFT_MESSAGE_SET_D3D_MANAGER so I can get a reference to the IDirect3DDeviceManager9, so far so good.

The problem arise when I need to create an IDXVAHD_Device. The create function DXVAHD_CreateDevice requires an IDirect3DDevice9Ex device but as far as I know IDirect3DDeviceManager9::LockDevice can only give me an IDirect3DDevice9.

So how should this creation part be done? Should I request a service via InitServicePointers() to acquire a ptr to IDirect3DDevice9Ex via my custom presenter. Any ideas?

// Carl

• Edited by persskog Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:03 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Excuse me, I'm not here to answer your question but to ask you for help.

I'm trying to implement a custom mixer, too. Do you have any sample code to study from? I don't have ability to accomplish it only by refering to msdn documentation.

>_< Thanks a lot.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:15 AM
  • Most (but not necessarily all) IDirect3DDevice9 implementations should also support IDirect3DDevice9Ex. Just call QueryInterface for IDirect3DDevice9Ex, but be sure to check the return code and gracefully fail if the interface is not supported for that device.
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:51 PM