Is signal R supported on the Express editions of SQL RRS feed

• Question

• User1487774783 posted

I tried to search for an answer on gogole can someone please inform me if it is or not becasue i need to get hosting but need to make sure i choosee the right option.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:38 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

SignalR has nothing to do with SQL Express. It doesn't care what database you are using.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:50 AM
  • User1644755831 posted

Hello mzwai,

I tried to search for an answer on gogole can someone please inform me if it is or not becasue i need to get hosting but need to make sure i choosee the right option.

You are probably talking about signalR with sql dependency. http://venkatbaggu.com/signalr-database-update-notifications-asp-net-mvc-usiing-sql-dependency/

As far as I know signalR will use Sql dependency to receive database change messages and then update the view in realtime. If you are wondering if express edition supports sql dependency using service broker. I believe yes.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Friday, June 26, 2015 1:53 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

SignalR has nothing to do with SQL Express. It doesn't care what database you are using.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:50 AM
  • User1644755831 posted

Hello mzwai,

You are probably talking about signalR with sql dependency. http://venkatbaggu.com/signalr-database-update-notifications-asp-net-mvc-usiing-sql-dependency/

As far as I know signalR will use Sql dependency to receive database change messages and then update the view in realtime. If you are wondering if express edition supports sql dependency using service broker. I believe yes.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Friday, June 26, 2015 1:53 AM