No access to SQL2008 DB after networked machine reboots RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with SQL Server 2008 when a machine on the network is rebooting. In short, it is not possible to log on locally to the SQL Server DB after said machine is rebooted. It already happens during the shutdown process of that machine.

Some more details:

SQL Server 2008 is installed on a Windows Server 2003 Std x64 SP2 (Physical machine)
    Backup Exec 2010 64bit is installed on a Windows Server 2003 std x64 SP2 (Physical machine)
    DC is installed on a Windows Server 2008 std x64 R2 (Virtual Machine)

Both machines are on the same subnet. Both machines have Profiler agets from Tek Tools installed. The issue existed long before they were installed, though.
    The SQL Server 2008 machine also acts as the VMWare host server. Using SQL Server Mngmnt Studio to login with Windows Authentication.

The only thing these two are linked to is the DC and a HP StorageWorks SAN.

I cannot, for the life of me, firgure out why when rebooting the Backup Exec server, the SQL server is no longer accessible! I have been searching the interwibble for a week but can't find anything relating to the two. Have i missed out on something here? Can one of you kindly shed some light on this issue?

Regards
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:48 PM

Answers